I absolutely love tahini, particularly when added to sweet things as it’s often done in turkish food. Two weeks ago I decided to try making a recipe for tahini and walnut cookies and this is what I came up with, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- 3 cups of spelt flour
- A teaspoon and 1/2 of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of coconut oil
- 3/4 cups of tahini
- 1/2 a cup- 3/4 cups of maple syrup
- Half a cup of walnuts (crushed) and extra to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix all the ingredients together, adding the flour last.
- Roll the mixture into balls, these quantities should roughly be enough for about 15 cookies, if the mixture appears too wet cover your work surface in some flour and use that while creating the balls, be careful not make the mixture too dry however, as you don’t want it to crumble.
- Place the balls on onto baking paper on a baking tray. Then take one walnut halve for each ball and press it into the top flattening out the ball slightly. Avoid placing balls too close to each other so that they don’t join while baking.
- When baked the batch should appear golden in colour, mine reached this colour in about 20-25 minutes.