Spring is here! And as the weather is warming up I’m getting back into making huge salads for meals. This is such an easy recipe which I just made as I went a long and I loved the outcome so I thought I would share it with you.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- About 70 g of pea shoots
- About 200g of halloumi
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 red pepper
- A bunch of tender stem broccoli
- A bunch of fine green beans
- Around 100-150g edamame beans (out of the pod)
- Milled Flax seed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli and green beans. I did this by boiling some water with salt and placing the greens into a steamer basket for around 5 minutes, but you could use an alternative method. Just make sure not to over cook the vegetables so that they’re still crisp. Once steamed leave to one side to cool slightly
- Chop up the red pepper into long thin slices. Add a small amount of olive oil to a frying pan and on a low-medium heat cook the pepper until soft, add a pinch of salt while cooking.
- Chop up the halloumi into thin slices and place in a frying pan on a medium heat without any oil. Cook on one side until brown and then flip to brown the other side, make sure all the water released from the cheese is gone. Again once cooked leave to one side to cool
- After washing all the other vegetables. Chop up the lettuce and avocado and halve or quarter the cherry tomatoes depending on their size. Add them to a large salad bowl. Then add in the pea shoots and edamame beans and mix everything together. On top add the cooked red peppers, steamed greens and halloumi.
- To make the dressing, mix together apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and add some salt and black pepper.
- After adding in the dressing, sprinkle with some milled Flax seed.