We had huge amounts of blueberries in the house today so I decided to use them to make some crumble. This is my healthier alternative to traditional crumble and I absolutely love it because it feels so much lighter.
- 400 g blueberries
- Half a lemon
- Maple syrup (1/2 a cup for the blueberries 1/2-3/4 cups for the crumble)
- 2 1/2 cups of organic rolled oats
- 1/2 a cup brown rice flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- After washing the blueberries pour them into a mixing bowl mix them with 1/2 a cup of maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon juice from half a lemon.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oats, brown rice flour, coconut oil, vanilla extract and 3/4 cups of maple syrup.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into an oven dish and then pour the crumble mixture on top covering the blueberries.
- Place in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes. The oats should become golden and the blueberries should be bubbling through to the surface.