I was craving this soup all week and finally decided to make it today for lunch. It’s such a refreshing soup and one of my favourite. Hope you enjoy this recipe, I’ve avoided using any dairy to make it vegan.
- About 400g of garden peas
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- Mint leaves from about 3-4 sprigs
- Half a cube of organic vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Dice the onion and start cooking it with some olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. After the onion has gone see-through add in the peeled and cubed potato and continue to cook it for a while then add in the peas and sauté everything together for a few more minutes.
- Add water to the vegetable mixture and turn up the heat to bring it a boil. Also add in salt and pepper and crumble in the vegetable stock at this point.
- Once the soup has started to boil turn down the heat and continue to cook.
- After about 15 minutes, once the vegetables appear cooked, take the pan off the heat and blend the mixture using a hand blender. I do this until the soup gains a creamy consistency and the potatoes and onions have broken down, but not enough that the soup loses all its texture.
- Finely chop up the mint leaves and add it to the blended soup and mix it in. Put the pan back on the hob on a low heat and cook for a few more minutes.