I had a lot of carrots that I wanted to use up and was craving soup for lunch so I came up with this recipe using the carrots and a few other items which I had at home. Added some roasted seeds on top just before eating and was really pleased with the result!
- 9 medium-small sized carrots
- 1 can of butter beans
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- half a cube of organic vegetable stock
- olive oil
- Dried garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Peel the carrots and place them on an oven tray on some baking paper, season with a drizzle of olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover with some foil and leave to roast for about 30-40 mins.
- Chop the onion and start cooking in some olive oil in a sauce pan. Peel and cut the potato and add to the onions when see-through. Cook for a bit longer and then add the butterbeans after rinsing with water.
- Once the carrots are roasted, chop them without any stems and add them to the vegetables in the sauce pan. Add a generous amount of boiling water on top and crumble half a cube of vegetable stock into the mixture. Then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower the heat and cover with a lid, leave to cook for around 10-15 minutes.
- Take the mixture off the heat and using a hand blender, blend until creamy.
- Put the mixture back on a low heat and add more water if necessary at this point. Leave to cook for a few more minutes then take it off the heat.