Sunday is brunch day so along with many other things I thought I would make this typically Turkish egg dish. The recipe is extremely straightforward, only requires a few ingredients and is great for breakfast, lunch or brunch.
- 1 green bell pepper (typically the dish requires banana peppers but these can be hard to find in the UK so I often use bell peppers)
- 15-20 baby plum tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt to to taste
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Finely cut the green bell pepper and sauté with some olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat until softened and thoroughly cooked.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and add to the peppers, continue cooking until the tomatoes have softened and released their water.
- Crack the four eggs directly into the mixture and scramble them with the tomatoes and peppers. Add some salt while scrambling.
- If you want some heat sprinkle some Cayenne Pepper on top before serving.