I often make this salad for lunch, a light dinner or to go alongside other dishes. It’s extremely easy and quick as it requires no cooking and only a few simple ingredients. I like making this all year round but its a particularly good option in the summer when you’re less likely to crave hot meals and just want something cool and light.
- 2 courgettes
- Approx. 200g plain yoghurt
- A generous handful of dill
- Approx. 70g of Walnut halves
- 1 small clove/ half a clove of garlic ( or if you prefer a lighter taste about half a tea spoon of garlic powder)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Peel the 2 courgettes and then grate them. Courgettes tend to release a lot of water so it’s important that once you grate them you squeeze out as much of the juice as you can to prevent your salad from becoming soggy.
- Finely chop up the dill and walnuts and crush the garlic (if you are using fresh garlic) to add to the grated courgettes
- Add in the yoghurt to the mixture, I’ve suggested around 200g but you can add more or less depending on your preference. I prefer mine to not have too much so that the taste of the courgette doesn’t get lost.
- Season with salt and black pepper. I like to use a generous amount of black pepper as I think it really suits this dish. Make sure to mix everything really well.